In our life there are memorable events and events that require a good memory from us. Passing an exam, for example. Sometimes it seems that it is impossible to learn a complex abstract, but this is not at all the case if you approach the process wisely.
Quick memorization techniques
A few simple rules will help speed up and improve the memorization process.
- Rule One — our brain, although masculine, is capricious and touchy, like a lady. If you constantly say that you have a bad head and poor memory, he will definitely “remember” this and, indeed, will begin to absorb less information. If you regularly sing praises to him and talk about his outstanding abilities, he will answer you with mutual respect., and in a difficult moment, when you need to instantly reproduce here or other information, it will not let you down. The thing is that any speech that we say out loud is listened to not only by our real interlocutor, but also by our own ears, and they send what you have stated to your skull as a guide to action.
If you repeat the word “sugar” a hundred times, it will not become sweeter in your mouth, and if you say that “I don’t remember anything”, then you really can face such a problem.
- Rule Two — what you teach, it would be nice to understand. The thing is that there are two types of memorizing — arbitrary and involuntary. The first requires a “push” before starting to work. That is, you have to make the brain work — to learn a poem by Nekrasov or, especially Gorky’s prose, is unlikely to happen involuntarily. But to remember how beautiful Jennifer Lopez looked in the last film, it will turn out effortlessly, and for a long time. This is called involuntary memory.
Hence the conclusion — what we understand, we remember literally in a minute. Scientists even cite relevant data — memorizing something will turn out exactly twenty times slower than learning it with understanding.
- Rule Three — choose from a large amount of information the main theses and write them down. Our memory is hard to part with the letters written to her. Up to 90% of the creations of the epistolary genre, she keeps carefully.
- Rule Four — do not try to immediately tear off a large piece and learn a lot at once. You won’t be able to remember a lot of information quickly. Or it will work, but it will not last long in your head. Any mass of information can be divided into several parts. The brain may not like shock loads. Remember what happened to you when, after a long break, you decided to do 100 squats? Pain syndrome is also possible with brain overload, it will manifest itself as persistent headaches, irritability, loss of mood, fatigue.
We need to learn how to lay out the knowledge we need into separate portions, in this form they are easier to assimilate. You can’t just shove an entire course of higher mathematics into your head in one night.
- Rule Five — choose a specific time for your memory games.
Psychologists say that our mind is best prepared to “chew” this food in the morning from 8.00 to 10.00 or in the evening from 20.00 to 23.00. It is recommended to do this while sitting.
As a recharge, you can use kefir, it contains a large amount of lecithin, and it improves memory.
- Rule six — all freshly obtained data must be repeated. Ideally, this should be done according to the following schedule: repeat N 1 — forty minutes after receiving the information, then two or three more times a day, the next do it again, and preferably twice, and then once a week or even once every ten days. So you can not only easily consolidate the acquired knowledge, but also supplement it with new ones, as if stringing various additional elements on a thick thread.
You have read the rules, now you can start solving the problem. But first, let’s decide what kind of memory you have better developed.
If it is easier for you to remember what you see, then you are a visual. If, contrary to popular belief, it is better for you to hear once than to see, then your strong point is auditory or auditory memory.
Now, based on what type you are, choose one or more of the following memorization techniques.
Reading and detail
Try not just to read the necessary literature, but to do it, paying attention to bright details. Then, when you need to reproduce the information, the details will be easily found in your memory and immediately “overgrown” with the rest of the necessary words or concepts.
Take notes in the margins as you memorize. Highlight your main points with different colors of markers. This will also help in the future to quickly extract the necessary information from the head.
Teachings of others
As mentioned earlier, to make it easier to remember, you need to understand what you are doing. Invite a grateful or not so grateful listener to help, the cat Murzik is also suitable. And try to explain to the interlocutor the essence of what you yourself do not quite understand yet. Very soon you will find the “golden key” and understand what you are talking about.
If you are allergic to animals, and all your friends and acquaintances categorically refuse to understand the theory of probability, then start a conversation on this topic with yourself. Voicing new information will not only help you understand it better, but also just remember it.
Draw what you learn. No need to make copies of masterpieces and create a painting on the theme of the Pythagorean theorem. Depict what you associate this or that information with.. In the case of Pythagoras, it will probably be pants. Because Pythagorean pants are equal in all directions. Then, if necessary, information about the attire of the ancient Greek philosopher will surface faster than the theorem in its classical form.
Receptions of mnemonics
Sometimes the time before the exam is short. It is easy to remember a large amount of information in this case using mnemonics. With its help, by the way, you can not only quickly learn a lesson, but also develop memory.
This technique involves building the information necessary for memorization in a chain. That is, one must be intertwined with the other in one way or another, cause consistent associations. One of the conditions is that the links of your imaginary chain should be approximately equal in size.
Using this method, you must conditionally decompose the pieces of information into dolls. And start filling with the largest (important), and finish, respectively, with the smallest (details).
In this case, the read information should be put on supports. “Fetch” the most important or memorable, figuratively imagine it. When you begin to fish out what has been deferred in your memory, you will first place the supports, and then place on them all the bricks of information that are missing for the assessment of “excellent”.
This option is similar to the Cicero method. But using it, you need to completely trust your inner voice. Supports will also be erected by your own memory in the form of images. However, they should not be selected according to a logical principle, but exclusively, as they say, intuitively. That is pictures should draw you your consciousness or, rather, your subconscious.
This option may lead you to create your own alphabet. Each word, concept, phrase must be translated onto paper in the form of a specific image, dot, dash, circle, cross, stick. The method is suitable for everyone. Thus, you will place one text in several pictures or signs that will be understandable only to you.
All of the above only at first seems complicated. In fact, after you learn how to put into practice these methods and rules, they will gradually begin to enter into your habits and become commonplace. And then you will apply them automatically.
The method using associations is also good in everyday life.. For example, if you need to remember the name of a person, but it does not want to stay in your head, find his famous namesake there. And then the same Nikolai Vasilyevich, a chemistry teacher, whose name and patronymic you always peeped on the website of the university, will appear in your imagination in the form of Gogol, well, how long will he remain on the list of nameless souls!
There are secrets for memorizing long numbers. Break them into pairs or quadruples. For example, you need to remember 20081976. We divide this number into two parts and remember what you remember about 2008, for example, you graduated from school, 1976 is the year your older sister was born. Did she come to your graduation party? Now you are unlikely to forget this number.
Agree, everything is simple. And, despite the fact that we live in an age of high technology, and any information can be found literally in seconds on the Internet, you still should not rely only on the RAM of your computer or smartphone. It will not replace our own memory, which can store not only dry information, but also our incomparable emotions and images, which help us a lot. Right now, remember something good from your life. Did you smile? Unless these emotions will be presented to you by the most powerful memory of your computer?