Gone are the days when people choked on celery and boiled turnips to lose weight, or didn’t eat anything at all. Now we know a lot of useful tricks that help you eat and not lose weight. And for those who are just starting to understand this issue, we are giving away a ticket to a low-calorie gastronomic adventure.
What are the most popular diets in the world? How to apply them? How do they lose weight? We know the answers to all your questions!
READ ALSO: TOP‑5 most popular diets in the world
Let’s start with our native. You will be surprised, but the basis of the national diet is traditional borscht.
True, to reduce weight, the favorite dish of many is prepared in a lighter version — without meat, potatoes and fats.
Diet borscht recipe:
- The main ingredient is beetroot, which is cut into thin strips and dipped in boiling water.
- After the beets, chopped carrots, pods of sweet pepper and tomatoes are sent to the pot.
- At the end of cooking, finely chopped cabbage.
- The resulting borscht, despite the lack of meat and fat in it, is quite tasty and very useful, because it is rich in vitamins, trace elements and antioxidants.
Benefits of the Ukrainian diet
The effect of weight loss is achieved in part due to biotin, which promotes the breakdown of fat. Vegetables also contain a lot of fiber, which improves intestinal peristalsis, which is important for weight loss. Borscht contains few calories, you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in any quantity — as soon as the body lets you know that you are hungry.
What is possible on the Ukrainian diet
The Ukrainian diet lasts no more than 7 days — during this time up to 5 kg of weight is lost. Between servings of borscht, you can eat vegetables that do not contain starch, both raw and stewed or baked. For a snack, hard cheese (30 g) with a piece of whole grain bread, 2 boiled eggs or yogurt are suitable. Fruits — in small quantities and only unsweetened, for example a couple of green apples a day. Green apples have fewer calories than red ones. And the last meal is strictly 3 hours before bedtime.
The Spanish diet is one of the most balanced.
In fact, it is not even a diet, but a nutritional system that can be followed throughout life.
Spanish diet menu
The basis is products rich in healthy fatty acids and fiber. These are fish and seafood, olive oil, vegetables, fruits, legumes. Fatty food, flour and sweets are limited. As an option, you can eat oatmeal with berries or a couple of slices of whole grain bread with tomatoes and greens for breakfast. For lunch — soup or chicken breast with a side dish of brown rice. For dinner — fish and vegetable salad.
You will lose 5 kg in a month on this diet.
The Indian diet is designed for an average of 2 weeks. During this time, you can actually lose up to 5 kg.
What can not be done during the diet:
What can be done during the Indian diet:
- rice generously seasoned with curry, cinnamon and other spices,
- vegetables (fresh, boiled or stewed),
- dairy and fermented milk products,
- boiled eggs,
- nuts and dried fruits.
It is allowed to drink black tea without sugar and natural juices.
- Breakfast: any fruit, a glass of milk or a cup of green tea. Or 2 boiled eggs and a glass of milk.
- Lunch: boiled rice with spices, a portion of stewed vegetables with curry, a glass of vegetable juice.
- Dinner: a cup of black tea, a portion of stewed vegetables (or a salad of 2 apples and carrots with honey and lemon juice dressing) and a portion of creamy soup with rice.
The Chinese diet is very strict and low-calorie. It is designed for 5 days.
The result is minus 4 kg.
What can not be done on the Chinese diet
Salt is completely excluded from the diet (it is recommended to season food with lemon juice and herbs), sugar, sweets, pastries, and white legumes.
What can you eat?
It is allowed to eat any vegetables (except potatoes and corn), greens, unsweetened fruits, brown rice, fish, lean meat, as well as low-fat milk and kefir (up to 2%).
It is necessary to drink as much as possible. At least 2 liters per day. Preference is given to clean water and green tea.
Chinese diet for 5 days:
- For breakfast, eat a hard-boiled egg and 50 g of black or grain bread (dry it in the oven). Drink green tea.
- For the second breakfast — 2–3 slices of processed cottage cheese and 100 g of canned green peas. Plus green tea.
- For lunch, prepare stewed meat and a salad of cabbage and greens, dressed with vegetable oil. For dessert — 200 g of unsweetened fruit.
- For dinner, drink a glass of warm skimmed or 1% fat milk or kefir.
The Japanese diet is quite strict and designed for 13 days (no more!).
The most important thing is a complete rejection of several food groups: salt, sugar, pastries, confectionery and alcohol.
It is allowed to eat any vegetables and fruits (except sweet bananas, figs, grapes, pears), hard cheeses, fish and meat. You need to drink at least 2 liters of water per day.
Japanese diet menu:
- The Japanese diet practically excludes breakfast. It is allowed to drink only green or herbal tea. If you have an appetite in the morning, you can eat fruit or grated carrots with lemon juice.
- For lunch, it is suggested to eat fish, chicken or meat with vegetables (fresh or fried).
- For dinner — boiled eggs, kefir, a few slices of cheese. If you want, you can eat fish or meat with vegetables in the evening. But the portion should be smaller than at lunch.
The result of the Japanese diet is that you lose up to 7 kg in 13 days.
One of the popular American diets is the Californian diet.
The basis of the diet is vegetables, fruits, low-fat varieties of meat and fish, fermented milk products and eggs. Cereals and whole grain bread are allowed in small quantities.
Caloric content on such a diet is significantly reduced. Sometimes — up to 800 kcal per day. The result is minus 5 kg per week.
The Simple American Diet:
According to nutritionists, in order not to harm health, it is better to lose weight with the help of a gentler version of this diet (the caloric content of the diet is not less than 1600 kcal). What exactly is suggested to eat?
- For breakfast — an omelet with vegetables or cottage cheese with fruit.
- For lunch — chicken breast with vegetables and cereals.
- For dinner — fish with salad.
The result will be minus 3 kg per week. But you will not feel hungry, and the lost kilos will not return.
At the heart of the Canadian 7‑day diet is lean soup. It can be prepared from any vegetables except potatoes.
It is recommended to eat every 2–3 hours. But the last meal should be no later than 18:00.
During the diet, you will have to give up sugar, flour and sweets.
Canadian diet for seven days:
- On the first day, you can eat only fruits and vegetable soup.
- In the second, steamed vegetables (except potatoes and corn) and soup.
- The third day — vegetables, any fruit except bananas, and pureed vegetable soup.
- The fourth is vegetables, low-fat cheese and vegetable soup.
- Fifth — 300 g of lean meat and pureed soup.
- Sixth — 300 g of lean fish, vegetables, soup.
- The seventh is a portion of brown rice, vegetables and pureed soup.
Minus 5 kg in a week.
As you can see, it is very easy to lose weight deliciously. Choose a diet to your heart’s content and eat!