October 28, 2020, 13:44
A smile makes any person beautiful. But what if the teeth began to darken? It’s time to change the situation!
Ex-participant of “Super Top Model in Ukrainian” (New Channel) Katya Svinarchuk shared her life hacks.
Why teeth darken
Teeth start to darken not only due to improper hygiene, although this is the most common cause. Let’s take a closer look:
- Hygiene failure. Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes. Otherwise, you can quickly earn an accumulation of plaque, caries, tartar and other diseases of the oral cavity. The first sign is darkening of the teeth.
- Smoking. In heavy smokers, the teeth first turn yellow, and then become almost brown (this is already noticeable by older age). If you smoke, tar from tobacco smoke is deposited on the enamel and you can get rid of this only with the help of professional cleaning.
- “Colored” food and drink. Natural or synthetic, colored foods can cause tooth discoloration. These include berries containing rich natural dyes (hello mulberries!), as well as hand-dyed products. From drinks, you should beware of coffee and tea, red wine.
- Caries. It’s not even discussed. Teeth darken from caries, and here you need to urgently run to the dentist, while everything is still running. By the way, it’s worth checking your teeth periodically just like that: caries can develop under a filling.
- Medicines. Vital for those of us who, as children, managed to grow permanent teeth and then got sick with something that required treatment with antibiotics. A whole group of such drugs causes darkening or yellowing of the tooth from the inside. Dealing with this is very difficult.
- Some trace elements. More precisely, there are a large number of them. If, for example, there is a lot of fluoride in the water, you can get endemic fluorosis, which darkens the teeth. That is why it is better to drink water with minerals under the supervision of a doctor.
- Improper dental treatment. Old filling materials, poor workmanship, metal fillings — all this can cause teeth to darken.
In addition, teeth can darken with age (this is a natural process from which none of us is immune). With age, teeth cease to regenerate quickly, turn yellow and may even wear out.
And, of course, many hereditary and chronic diseases can cause tooth discoloration. This is also very difficult to deal with.
How to make your teeth whiter at home: 5 life hacks
A snow-white smile is something that can be achieved without expensive procedures at the dentist. How to make teeth whiter at home, without harming your health, is known by the former participant of the New Channel project “Super Top Model in Ukrainian” Katya Svinarchuk.
“About four years ago I had ultrasonic teeth whitening, thanks to which my smile was snow-white. But gradually the teeth began to darken. I realized that radical methods are too much, and I found many ways for home whitening, — said Katya Svinarchuk. “They are no less effective, but more gentle.”
How to make teeth whiter at home:
- The most important life hack is hygiene. Brush your teeth at least twice a day — in the morning and before bed, using mouthwash. Ideally, clean them after eating.
- Drink tea/coffee/juices/sodas and sugary drinks through a straw. Dyes do not get on the teeth so much and do not spoil the enamel.
- Use coconut charcoal powder to whiten your teeth. The powder gently removes plaque and absorbs particles of pigmented dirt formed as a result of drinking coffee.
- When you urgently need to whiten your teeth by 1–2 tones, use a teeth whitening pencil. 10 minutes — and the result is on the face. Literally.
- Chew gum after eating. It sounds strange, but it is able to remove excess “garbage” and stimulate salivation, which neutralizes the acid after eating. There is less acid and “garbage” — the teeth are cleaner.
Do you have any life hacks of your own?