In connection with the coronavirus pandemic in Ukraine, quarantine is extended for another month. True, with new conditions.
Health Minister Maxim Stepanov announced the extension of quarantine in Ukraine during an interview with RBC. Thus, adaptive quarantine will be extended for at least another month. The Ministry of Health also proposes to amend its conditions. Exactly which ones, however, is not specified.
“We quarantine ends on July 31. Due to the current epidemic situation, we cannot abandon the restrictive measures. So we will continue.”
Actually, this is quite expected and natural — after all, Ukraine is still on the “red” list for the epidemiological situation in many countries. Therefore, the borders of the EU countries and the Schengen zone, which are already ready to accept residents of 15 countries, are not opened for our citizens.
In addition, during today’s briefing, Stepanov said that the ministry is actively working on the development of rules according to which children will be able to go to school from September 1.
“Together with the Ministry of Education and Science, we are analyzing the whole situation, looking at how this is happening abroad, and we want to take the best practices. We want to make the process of teaching children as comfortable as possible on the one hand, and also as safe as possible on the other,” the minister said.
Among the recommendations regarding the work of schools from September 1, according to him, the following are considered:
- All employees will have their temperature taken before starting work.
- Children have their temperature taken before entering school.
- Employees and children with a temperature above 37.2 are not allowed into the institution.
- Parents who bring their child to the facility must wear masks.
- Establishments must be equipped with antiseptics.
- Children use them exclusively under the supervision of an educator or teacher. These are general things, everything else is promised to be developed next week.
By the way, as of July 15, 836 new cases of coronavirus infection were recorded in Ukraine, 61 of them in children and 41 in medical workers.
What do you think about the quarantine extension? Share your opinion in the comments.