Summer is a great opportunity to enjoy sweet berries and lose weight at the same time! On a strawberry diet, you can lose 3–4 kg in 3 days and cleanse the body.
Principle of the strawberry diet
If you want to lose weight, but you can not give up sweets, the strawberry diet is what you need. For three unloading days, it is really possible to lose 3–4 kg. Strawberries have a lot of seeds, because this berry is a rich source of fiber, which improves bowel function and helps to reduce weight and cleanse the body. That is, the strawberry diet also has a detox effect. In addition, compared to many fruits, strawberries have a much lower glycemic index (the ability to raise blood sugar). And finally, they contain many valuable vitamins, trace elements and fruit acids.
Recall: after a strawberry diet, you can not immediately switch to a regular diet. Stick to a healthy lifestyle, eat right and the effect will be fixed.
Who is the strawberry diet for?
The strawberry diet is suitable for those who love this berry very much and are ready to eat it a lot and often. In other cases, nutrition experts advise diversifying the menu with seasonal fruits and berries or choosing another way to lose weight.
Strawberry diet contraindications
Since strawberries are an allergen, you should be more careful about this style of eating. Even if you have never had an allergy to strawberries, when the first signs of a reaction to a berry appear, you should immediately stop eating it and abandon the strawberry diet.
Also, do not get involved in the strawberry diet if:
- You have gastritis or hyperacidity.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have urolithiasis or kidney problems, as strawberries have strong diuretic properties.
Benefits of the strawberry diet
- The process of losing weight is soft and pleasant, as there is no stress from a lack of sugar.
- The pleasant taste of strawberries is an advantage, because not always dietary food can be called a gourmet’s delight.
- Lots of vitamins. Due to the saturation of vitamin C, strawberries help to remove toxins from the body, and your appearance will immediately become much better than before.
- Fiber — there is a lot of it in strawberries, and on a diet this property is extremely useful for digestion.
Disadvantages of the Strawberry Diet
- Not suitable for allergy sufferers.
- It is impossible for those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
- Lack of calories, as a result of which weakness and lethargy can begin.
- You can’t stick to it for long. The strawberry diet is a mono-diet, so it should not last longer than seven days.
Menu for strawberry diet
During fasting days on strawberries, the number of berries can be 400–500 g per day. But you need to eat them not in one sitting, but evenly distributing them throughout the day. Just be sure to combine strawberries with other products. For example, for breakfast, eat whole grain porridge in water without sugar (150 g) with strawberries. Or 150 g of cottage cheese casserole with berries.
For a snack, make a smoothie of strawberries, oatmeal or yogurt, or drink a glass of fruit drink. For lunch, you can eat a vegetable salad with cottage cheese, nuts, herbs and berries. For dinner — steamed fish with stewed vegetables with berries (pumpkin, zucchini, onions, carrots, strawberries or black currants).
Berries can be added to dishes whole or chopped with a blender along with the skin and seeds. But squeezing juice out of them is not the best option, since in this case the most valuable thing for weight loss and detox is lost — fiber. In addition, the juice in its pure form irritates the gastric mucosa.
Keep in mind: raw berries may be contraindicated in exacerbations of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver and pancreas, as well as with increased acidity of the stomach. In these cases, before going on a strawberry diet, you need to consult a doctor.
Bon appetit, losing extra pounds and have a delicious summer!