January 14, 2020, 13:04
Most women dream of getting rid of extra pounds. However, there are women who, on the contrary, need to gain weight. We figured out how to gain weight correctly, and also made a healthy diet. Details are in the article.
Why Gain Weight
Completeness is not the only problem in a woman’s life. In fact, being underweight is a real reason to worry and see a doctor. The cause of excessive thinness can be a serious disease, so it is important to get an examination. If everything is in order with your health, then perhaps you just have an accelerated metabolism or a genetic predisposition to thinness.
In any case, lack of weight can negatively affect the attitude towards oneself, be the cause of a weak physical condition, the result of stress, depression, malnutrition, and even become a reason for body shaming. If you seriously decided to get better, then approach this matter wisely.
Consult a doctor
First of all, be sure to go to the doctor and get tested. A sharp weight loss or its long-term steadfastness with a stable diet and physical activity can be the cause of an illness or malfunction in the body.
Reasons for weight loss include:
- problems with the endocrine system;
- development of tumors;
- allergic reactions;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- improper functioning of the adrenal glands;
- worms and other parasites;
- stress, depression.
Contact a nutritionist
At a conscious age, it is important to monitor your health, especially nutrition. We are what we eat. You may not be able to gain weight just because of the wrong, inadequate diet. In this case, you should seek help from a specialist who will make a balanced diet and, if necessary, prescribe a course of vitamins.
How to get better at home
If you have passed a medical examination and turned out to be healthy, then you can recover on your own. To do this, just follow the following rules.
- An ordinary person needs to eat 3 times a day, and those who want to get better need to increase the number of meals to 4–5 times a day. At the same time, nutrition should be balanced and regular, and portions should be small.
- Remember about the number of calories — at least 40 calories per 1 kg of weight.
- Do not forget about snacks during the day, but choose only natural and high-quality products. The rest will harm the body.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle: keep a sleep schedule so that the body is awake during the day and rest at night, walk more in the fresh air, play sports, avoid stress and get rid of bad habits such as smoking and drinking alcohol.
Products for weight gain
When gaining weight, you need to increase the amount of proteins and carbohydrates. They contribute to the appearance of the missing kilograms, forming muscle mass and supplying the body with energy.
So, most of the protein in the diet should be animal protein, that is, meat. It is needed to build muscle mass. In order for the component to be quickly absorbed, it is recommended to use it in the form of cutlets, meatballs and pates. See what other protein foods you should eat when gaining mass.
- dairy products: sour cream 25% fat, butter, cottage cheese, kefir;
- chicken or quail eggs — from two to eight pieces per day;
- seafood and oily fish — at least twice a week;
- legumes: peas, beans or lentils;
- meat: chicken, pork, veal, turkey.
Among carbohydrate foods, you should pay attention to a variety of cereals, pasta, rice, bread. Porridges can be cooked in broth or milk, thereby increasing their calorie content.
- bran bread;
- fresh fruit juice;
- Red beans;
- fresh fruits;
- black chocolate.
Remember: The amount of carbohydrates in the diet for weight gain should not exceed 55% of all food eaten daily.
Don’t forget about fats. They are also essential for the body. The daily rate is ‑10–20%. In this case, it is better to give preference to fats of vegetable origin — butter and ghee, for example.
Diet for weight gain
First you need to decide on the number of calories that you need to consume per day for weight gain. You can calculate the required figure using a simple formula: weight × 30 + 500 = normal calories. Also fish for an excellent diet.
- Porridge with milk (rice, oatmeal, etc.), two hard-boiled eggs, toast with jam;
- Corn porridge with milk, scrambled eggs, whole grain bread sandwich with butter.
- Rice with boiled chicken breast, cucumbers, tomatoes and a slice of whole grain bread;
- Soup with meat, buckwheat and salad.
Suitable for a snack:
- a piece of hard cheese and a glass of milk or yogurt;
- sponge cake with linseed flour without sugar and dried fruits;
- chocolate and yogurt;
- cottage cheese with yogurt;
- milk shake.
- Rice, veal and Greek salad;
- Steam fish and vegetables;
- Lenten pilaf, fish soufflé and squash caviar.
Read more interesting about a healthy lifestyle and nutrition on the Lisa website.