Flax seeds have long been used for weight loss, because it is a useful and affordable product. In addition, flax seeds are widely used as a means of quickly and effectively cleansing the body. What are the benefits of flax seeds? Recipes from flax seeds — in our material!
The ability of flaxseeds to quickly remove toxins and toxins without harming the gastrointestinal tract was appreciated by nutritionists and began to be used in weight loss programs. But flaxseed not only cleanses the intestines — it also nourishes the body. After all, it is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, lignans and fiber.
Flax seeds contain a lot of vitamin E, potassium, gluten, essential minerals and amino acids.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids protect cells from mutations and inhibit the growth of tumors that have already appeared, activate the immune system. Lignans are strong antioxidants. Fiber promotes weight loss, and also enhances intestinal motility, absorbing and removing harmful substances.
In addition to the fact that thanks to ice seeds, the immune system is strengthened, metabolism is accelerated, the beneficial properties of seeds are also that:
- improves liver function;
- relieves dry cough during colds.
- the work of the intestine is activated;
- normalizes blood sugar levels;
- improves the condition of the skin, nails and hair;
- lower cholesterol;
- will help normalize hormonal levels during menopause or menstruation.
To whom are flax seeds contraindicated?
You can not use flax seeds in any form, with:
- exacerbation of cholecystitis or pancreatitis;
- the presence of sand in the kidneys or gallbladder;
- individual intolerance to the product.
Rules for the use of flax seeds
For weight loss, you can take flax seeds in pure form or crushed, in the form of fiber.
Flax seeds can be added to meals in crushed form. It can be crushed into powder and washed down with plenty of liquid.
If you consume at least 1 tbsp. a spoonful of flaxseed powder, you will lose up to 2 kg per month.
Don’t think it’s not enough. Rapid weight loss negatively affects all body systems, especially the cardiovascular system. Flax seeds can be brewed and also added to a variety of dishes (up to 1 teaspoon).
Taken in any form, the seeds will free you from excess fluid, excess waste and, as a result, from excess weight, thereby contributing to recovery. The main thing when losing weight with flax seeds is consistency.
What can be the harm from flax seeds?
For stomach problems, it is better to take only mucus without seeds. It is allowed to eat dry flax seeds — chew well and drink water. However, it is impossible to take flax seeds in large quantities, otherwise there will be dehydration of the body and frequent constipation.
Flax seeds should not be placed in sunlight, because under its influence, oils and fatty acids are immediately oxidized and form substances harmful to the body.
If you feel a rancid taste in the seeds — it means that it’s time to throw them away!
Store flax seeds only in a dark and cool place.
Read more about the dangers and benefits of flax seeds here.
Flax Seed Recipes
1. Cook a thin jelly from berries and add flax seeds. The seeds will swell and form a jelly-like mass, which will perfectly satisfy hunger and at the same time remove toxins a little later. Take 2 times a day before meals.
2. Take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of seeds, pour 1 cup boiling water, cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Take a decoction daily, 100 ml 3 times a day, 30 minutes before meals.
3. Mix crushed flax seeds (1 teaspoon) with 100 ml of kefir. Take once a day at night. The first week, add 1 teaspoon of seeds, the second — 2, the third — 3.
4. Tea from flax seeds. In the evening, pour a glass of boiling water over 1 teaspoon of coarse seeds, let it brew. After 30 minutes, drink the infusion, eat the thick.
5. Vitamin cocktail. You will need a glass of freshly squeezed carrot juice, add 1 tbsp. a spoonful of crushed flax seeds and 1 teaspoon of linseed oil. Mix thoroughly and drink after 5 minutes. It is recommended to drink such a cocktail on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before breakfast.
6. Porridge. Grind 1 cup of buckwheat and the same amount of flax seeds. Mix the contents of both glasses, pour boiling water and wrap in a blanket. After an hour, the porridge will be ready to eat. You can add a little salt, butter, honey and raisins.
7. Add crushed flax seeds to a cup of kefir. You will get a great cocktail to satisfy hunger during a diet.
Tips for losing weight on flax seeds
Flax seeds are definitely an excellent means to combat excess weight. But do not think that only they will help you. In addition to this effective remedy, it does not hurt to engage in physical activity. Pilates, running, swimming, Nordic walking — these are your true assistants on the way to a slim figure.
In addition, it does not hurt to exclude premium flour, fatty and fried foods, smoked meats and industrial products, sweets and alcohol from the diet.
Starting to use flax seeds for food is the right decision! This is the first step towards natural and safe weight loss. This product is rich in useful properties.