December 15, 2017, 13:18
Cough is one of the most common symptoms of a cold. It may also indicate tracheitis, pleurisy, pneumonia. To get rid of a cough, you need to treat the underlying disease. However, there are ways that can speed up the healing process.
In addition to antitussives, the doctor will also prescribe strengthening drugs, vitamins, anti-inflammatory drugs, or even antibiotics (they are especially important in the treatment of bronchitis and pneumonia as complications of the underlying disease). And if you are afraid of the side effects of drugs, refer to4 traditional medicine. Already something, and there are plenty of cough recipes in her arsenal. First of all, you need to see a doctor so that he can make an accurate diagnosis and determine whether you have a dry cough or sputum. After all, the choice of remedy depends on the type of cough.
See also: Cough cure without money
What is dry cough? Dry cough is painful, infectious diseases begin with it, is not accompanied by sputum, does not cough. If you do not start treatment on time, dry cough goes into the next stage — wet cough. After the attack, there is no relief and sputum does not go away.
A dry cough is accompanied not only by pain, but also by a sore throat, especially at night, which leads to insomnia and fatigue. Coughing is often accompanied by nausea, and a severe attack can also provoke vomiting.
But the most effective remedy is a decoction of licorice roots. It softens the cough and also promotes sputum discharge. We must not forget about such a well-known remedy as coltsfoot. Its leaves contain mucus that protects the larynx with a strong cough. Violet tricolor reduces shortness of breath and the feeling of suffocation. Anise. Not only a seasoning, but also an excellent expectorant. It saves not only from colds, but also from attacks of bronchial asthma. Based on these medicinal plants, excellent folk expectorants for dry cough in adults and children have been created (the dose is reduced by half for children!).
When treating, do not forget about fresh air, observing the daily regimen, and physiotherapy. All this is a good addition to the treatment.
Cough with sputum production is called wet (wet, productive). This produces mucus and phlegm. With adequate treatment, it is separated and brought out. A wet cough indicates the state of the body to be cleansed.
A wet cough is accompanied by wheezing and whistling both during breathing and during the cough itself. Occurs at any time of the day. Often accompanied by fever, runny nose, lacrimation. The sputum may be yellow or greenish in color. This is an indicator of the presence of pus in the bronchi or lungs. There may be an unpleasant, putrid odor from the mouth.
Wet cough requires treatment with expectorant and mucus stimulating agents.
Teas based on marshmallow, coltsfoot, linden flowers, thyme leaves, St.
In the treatment of cough, various types of massage are also used. Its purpose:
- Help loosen mucus.
- Facilitate its removal.
- Accelerate the cleansing of the bronchi from pathogenic microorganisms.
- Eliminate cough symptom.
Cough massage course — 10 days.
Stimulates expectoration. Performed 30 minutes after taking an expectorant drug. Before the procedure, the back should be lubricated with cream or massage oil, it is possible with the addition of aroma oils.
Lay the patient on the stomach so that the head is below the level of the body. It is recommended to put a pillow under the neck and you can proceed:
- We start with strokes.
- Then on both sides of the spine with pinches we move towards the shoulders. We do 20 times. We retreat further from the spine. We repeat the same number of movements directed to the head. And so on until we reach the sides of the patient. The armpit area is not affected!
- With tightly pressed palms to the skin, we stroke the back.
- With the edge of the palm we make 20 “cutting” movements obliquely from the spine towards the shoulders.
The duration of drainage massage when coughing is 30 minutes, for children — 15 minutes. To enhance the therapeutic effect after the massage, it is recommended to do a warm compress or wrap the patient for 20 minutes. It is advisable to carry out the entire course of massage, even if relief comes after the first sessions.
With acupressure cough, therapeutic manipulations are carried out for 1–2 minutes, acting on biologically active points:
- Divine Pillar. It is located 1.5 cm below the base of the skull on both sides of the spine.
- Ding Chuan. Located at the level of the joint that protrudes when the neck is tilted.
- Vital diaphragm. They lie in pairs between the region of the scapula and the spine, at the level of the heart.
- Elegant mansion. Two points on both sides are located between the collarbone and sternum.
- Throw from heaven. single point. Feels in the clavicular cavity.
For cupping massage, pharmacy jars or silicone vacuum jars are used. The back of the patient is lubricated with aroma oil or massage oil.
- Two cans are attached in pairs on both sides of the spinal column in the middle of the back. We move from below to the neck: in straight lines; in a spiral; herringbone; eights.
- Then we change the vector of movement of the cans: with even diagonal movements; in semicircular arcs, approaching each other near the spine, we move to the shoulders.
- Two banks move simultaneously at the top of the back, from the neck to different shoulders.
- We put one jar at the base of the neck and rotate it clockwise.
After the end of the procedure, you need to wrap up and sleep.
How to properly treat a cough
What to do if you have a cough
How can you treat cough in children? 4 myths and doctor’s advice
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.