December 11, 2017, 22:36
Both children and adults know that honey is useful. 10 interesting facts about honey will help you make sure that this is really the # 1 product for health and beauty.
1. It is best to use honey 2–3 times a day for half an hour — an hour before meals. If you do not have such an opportunity, at least start your day with a spoonful of honey dissolved in a glass of plain water. This invigorating drink will help “start” your body in the morning.
2. Ideal dose for an adult, 100–150 grams of honey per day, which is about three tablespoons, and for children 30–40 grams (incomplete tablespoon).
3. Honey includes over 100 vitamins and minerals. In addition, all these elements necessary for the body are stored in honey for much longer than in fresh vegetables and fruits.
4. Taste, color, composition and consistency of honey depends not only on the flowers from which it was collected, but also on the composition of the soil, climate and even altitude. Scientists emphasize polyfloral honey, i.e. collected from various types of plants, which has the strongest antibiotic property.
5. Honey is definitely better than candy., sugar and jam. It is easier to digest, does not irritate mucous tissues and has a calming effect.
6. Honey is a high-calorie product. But if we compare the calorie content of honey (about 320 calories per 100 grams) and the same chocolate (550 calories), honey is still the champion. In addition, you can’t eat a lot of honey, but it’s very easy to get carried away and eat a whole bar of chocolate at a time.
7. Children are often susceptible diathesis after drinking honey. But this can only happen if the child is prone to allergies or many times exceeds the prescribed norm. A well-known folk connoisseur and connoisseur of “medotherapy” Dr. Jarvis advises giving honey even to babies, arguing that honey relieves stomach pains, being quickly absorbed in the body.
8. Choosing good honey — this is a special art, which you can comprehend with time. But you will remember a few general rules without difficulty. First of all, you need to pay attention to its appearance: good honey should be thick and viscous. You can add a couple of drops of iodine to an aqueous solution of honey. The blue color of the resulting liquid will tell you that the honey was weighted with starch or flour before being sold.
9. Honey keeps well in glass and enameled dishes, but in no case pour it into iron or galvanized containers. The room where honey is stored should be well ventilated, dry and dark.
10. Sugary medicine does not lose its properties, and you can melt it in a steam bath. Just make sure that the temperature does not rise above 45 degrees, otherwise it will lose its beneficial properties.
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.