French women are the most sophisticated and stylish women in the world. The laurels of the most elegant ladies belong to them by right, but the figure is the result of a special French nutrition system. It is worth changing your eating habits and those extra pounds will go away by themselves.
Duel: Cohen vs. Dukan
Currently, the whole world is watching the fight between the two most eminent nutritionists in France. Recently, Dr. Dukan’s trendy protein diet, which has been in favor for several years, has been recognized by British nutritionists as one of the most harmful VIP diets. It turns out that it is too complex and unbalanced. And most importantly, the Dukan diet is harmful to health (it can cause weakness, bad breath, constipation). But, despite this, many by inertia continue to follow this system.
That is why another leading French expert in the field of healthy nutrition Jean-Michel Cohen, having won a lawsuit against Dukan and proving that his diet causes a lot of side effects, wrote the book “The Parisian Diet”. It is believed that the method proposed by Dr. Cohen is primarily harmless to health and has already allowed many to lose weight. Today, this book leads the world list of dietetics manuals.
It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle
Surprisingly, modern French practically do not use the familiar word “diet” in the sense in which we use it. In France, they have been saying “regime” for a long time, and this is no coincidence. More and more people are coming to the conclusion that just a couple of months to change their lifestyle is not enough to gain the necessary shape. Therefore, Dr. Cohen proposes to turn nutrition not just into a system, but into a regimen that will become your constant companion.
In the world of nutrition, Dr. Cohen has a reputation for provocateur. In essence, he offers a revolutionary formula for determining, achieving and maintaining your optimal weight. The uniqueness of his technique lies in the following:
- the diet regime allows you to occasionally consume fast food and alcohol;
- without significant physical exertion, the technique ensures long-term preservation of the result. According to Cohen, sports are needed to promote health, and not to fight excess weight;
- everything is allowed, the only thing that will have to be strictly limited in your diet is fats;
- there are no “miracle foods” on the menu, which allows you to make a diet at your discretion. “Food should be enjoyed!” is Dr. Cohen’s main slogan;
- the time of eating is unimportant, even breakfast is optional;
- Cohen’s diet does not increase blood cholesterol levels.
Dr. Cohen’s 7 tips to help you lose weight without harming your health
- Enjoy food and pamper yourself from time to time. This is the most important element of a successful diet! If we exclude everything that we love from the diet, then in the end we will definitely break down and abandon the diet.
- During the day eat at regular intervals. Enjoy lunches and dinners with all family members, and do not drag anything from the refrigerator at any time of the day or night. Only in this way will you stop snacking between main meals, and thanks to joint meals, the microclimate in the family will improve.
- Do not rush. Take a break for food three times a day — at least 20 minutes each. Pay attention to what you eat. During this time, do not be distracted by anything else. Reading, watching TV, working on the computer, and other activities while eating are especially dangerous. This distracts attention and makes it difficult to listen to the body, which tells you when to stop.
- Let every meal be mindful. It may seem ridiculous to you, but if you stop for a minute to look at the food and feel its aroma, enjoy its aesthetic appearance before you try it, you will get more satisfaction from its taste.
- Get back to the kitchen! Cook homemade meals with simple recipes and only fresh ingredients, avoid processed foods and ready-made meals that contain excessive amounts of salt and saturated fats that push us beyond the boundaries of a balanced diet.
- Reduce portion size. When you put a lot on your plate, you get the feeling that you have to eat everything, and thus often eat more than you need, continuing to eat even after you have had enough.
- Drink water throughout the day. It has been proven that half a liter of water helps to speed up metabolism by 30%.
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.