Not that it was a secret: I abused chocolate, a bagel or a cheesecake — and got better. “Sure, it’s a carbohydrate!” — any losing weight will snort. What is this carbohydrate?
Low-carbohydrate diets are a real boom of our time because of their quick results.
But they also have a downside. Carbohydrates are the main fuel of our body. If you completely exclude them, the brain is starving, the body is weakened, and the overall tone does not rise above the plinth. And after the end of the diet, the starving brains take their toll and, bypassing the will, make you chew sugar directly with spoons.
It is important to know: carbohydrate carbohydrate strife! There are simple and complex, otherwise — fast and slow carbohydrates.
Glucose, fructose, galactose, sucrose, maltose and lactose are simple, “fast” carbohydrates. In simple terms, this is sugar, buns, sweets, cakes, fruits, pastries, bakery products, milk.
The body absorbs them very quickly, and glucose enters the blood immediately in large quantities.
What happens when this happens:
- Due to the rapid assimilation, glucose enters the bloodstream almost instantly. We feel the rise of mood and efficiency — the brain has received a “dose”. In blood — “carbohydrate peak”.
- After some time, the production of insulin begins, when, at the signal of the brain, the endocrine glands “fire up” to produce this hormone.
- Insulin entered the blood, but already when most of the carbohydrates had time to digest. Nevertheless, he begins to send all the reserves of glucose that he can “reach” to the liver — turn into glycogen (the energy reserve of the liver in case of an emergency shortage of glucose for the brain) and … fat.
- Too much insulin “insulin spike”. It begins to process all the glucose from the blood. Those. more than the one that came with the yummy. And where does he take her? Yes, see point 3.
- The brain signals that the glucose level is too low. You experience severe hunger.
- The hand uncontrollably reaches for the sweet to urgently supply the brain with glucose. The circle is closed.
How to eat so as not to get fat? Read HERE.
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.