April 27, 2017, 13:23
Scientists have great news: if we work with health in our youth and follow these recommendations, our brain becomes even more efficient in retirement! We just need to help him…
Dr. Gene Cohen, director of the University of Washington Medical Center, says that the human brain actually begins to work at full capacity … at the age of 60–80 years. The connection between the hemispheres improves, intuition develops, the general intellectual level reaches a peak.
However, this happens with the right lifestyle. Here are a few tips to ensure you stay fit at any age.
1. Do physical activity that suits you. Yoga is very good for the brain.
2. Keep your posture. Proven: a straight back “helps to think”!
3. Break up. Concentration often interferes with the deterioration of blood circulation. After sitting, do not forget to get up and walk!
4. Rest. During work, take breaks of 10–15 minutes every hour. This helps “reboot”.
5. Ask questions. It’s not a shame to seem ignorant of something for five minutes, it’s a shame to remain it for the rest of your life!
6. Laugh. The one who knows how to laugh at the situation, relieves stress, approaches life creatively — and at the same time “recharges” the brain and supplies the body with endorphins.
7. Try new things. New places, new experiences, even new food — all changes keep the brain in good shape.
8. Talk to an imaginary interlocutor. This is a great way to open access to information that is in our subconscious.
9. Train your brain. Solve logic puzzles, play smart games, try to do the calculations in your mind.
10. Get inspired. Read biographies of people whose ideas you admire. Get good experience.
11. Take notes. Keeping a diary and blog, writing letters, making notes for memory, fixing interesting situations and words, writing memories — all this develops.
12. Listen to Mozart. Psychologists have found that his music improves mental abilities!
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.