March 20, 2017, 7:25 p.m
Chocolate is very good for the brain, heart and mood!
It is no coincidence that the cocoa tree was named Teobroma cacao, which means “food of the gods.” The biologically active substances contained in this product stimulate the brain and improve memory, normalize blood cholesterol levels. Cocoa beans consist of fats (cocoa butter), 12–15% proteins, 6–10% carbohydrates, fiber, B vitamins, antioxidants. And in terms of the amount of zinc and iron, they have no equal!
A piece of chocolate — and you are happy! .. And in the course of one study conducted in America, it turned out that half of the women surveyed would rather refuse sex than chocolate. What is the reason for such love for this sweetness?
● On days when, due to lack of sunlight, the level of serotonin — the hormone of happiness — is very low, cocoa stimulates its formation, tones and improves well-being.
● The aroma of chocolate relieves fatigue, reduces irritability and restores emotional balance. German nutritionists explain this effect by the content of special substances in chocolate (alkaloids, caffeine and theobromine), which improve mood at a physiological level. That is why a chocolate wrap or a bath, as if by magic, relieves stress.
● The composition of cocoa beans has a beneficial effect on the work of the heart. A cup of cocoa or 40g of milk chocolate contains just the right amount of heart-healthy phenol.
● Cocoa contains a unique compound — cocoheal, which promotes the growth of skin cells, which means it smoothes wrinkles.
● Stimulating cellular respiration and microcirculation, cocoa strengthens the walls of blood vessels, improves blood circulation. All this together gives an anti-cellulite effect.
● Chocolate heals the skin after acne, and also improves the texture of aging skin. Magnesium, contained in excess in dark chocolate, energizes cells. Cocoa butter cleanses, moisturizes and softens the skin. Smart chocolate adapts to the type and condition of the skin: it moisturizes dry skin, normalizes oily skin and provides lifting for mature skin.
The ancient Aztecs, long before modern scientists, considered chocolate a substance that increases sexual energy. Indeed, for many it acts as a real aphrodisiac. A study conducted by Italian experts showed that, in general, women who love this delicacy, the level of sexual desire, arousal and satisfaction from sex was higher compared to those who are indifferent to this sweet temptation.
Editor’s advice. Chocolate is very useful in the last two weeks of the cycle. Have you noticed how during mood swings and a decrease in tone there is an irresistible desire to eat a chocolate bar? And doctors do not recommend denying yourself a few pieces of chocolate.
Top 6 most useful products for winter
Seafood: vitamins and nutrients
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.