March 26, 2017, 10:33 p.m
The arrival of heat creates good conditions for the reproduction of microbes. How to avoid meeting them?
Warm days have arrived. All this, of course, pleases, but you still need to be careful. In the heat, more than ever, microbes that are pathogenic for the intestines feel good, which happily live in untreated water and unwashed food. What microbes are we talking about?
There are three groups of bacteria that can cause various intestinal diseases:
- bacterial intestinal infections: salmonella, dysenteric bacillus, cholera vibrio, etc.;
- protozoal intestinal infections: amoeba, lamblia, sporovik, etc.;
- viral intestinal infections: rotavirus, adenovirus, etc.
Curiously, different infections have their own food preferences. For example, salmonella enters a person through infected eggs, milk, meat. Dysentery stick — with unwashed vegetables and fruits, cholera vibrio — with contaminated drinking water. And E. coli happens on any products and household items.
Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, fever are symptoms that cause intestinal infections. In order not to catch an infection, you must always follow these rules:
- washing hands before eating;
- wash food thoroughly before cooking or eating;
- do not use other people’s cutlery and dishes;
- store food in a cool place.
stop the attack
Our immune system itself copes with a small number of microbes that have entered the body. But if we are talking about a colony, then it is impossible to cope here without external help. The tactics of treating intestinal poisoning and infectious diseases are as follows:
- prolonged hunger. The intestines need rest;
- elimination of dehydration. Drink weak saline solutions;
- detoxification. Take universal charcoal sorbents (preferably in capsules). Early intake of these drugs perfectly removes toxins from the body, acts quickly and for a long time.
By the way, sorbents will also help with poisoning by those products that were grown using chemicals.
Mikhail Petrov, diagnostician, doctor of the highest category
When to see a doctor:
Follow your well-being. If within 2 days the state of health has not improved, the pain in the abdomen has not disappeared, the temperature has risen, vomiting and diarrhea have become more frequent (a particularly dangerous symptom is diarrhea mixed with blood), urine has become dark, urgently call an ambulance. An important point. If a child or an elderly person falls ill, it is better not to wait, but to immediately consult a doctor and not self-medicate.
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.