Women’s magazine Liza — a women’s site for a modern woman Lisa is an online magazine for successful girls. You have questions — we will give answers to all. We can be your handbook for success. Show business news, useful tips, beauty and health secrets — we will make your life brighter!
March 27, 2017, 12:48 p.m
It is almost impossible to resist early vegetables — radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes just ask for your mouth. However, now these, in fact, vitamin products pose a health hazard, because they are stuffed to the eyeballs with nitrates. Are there ways to reduce the amount of harmful substances in vegetables? Of course! And today “Lisa” will tell you how to do it.
- Choose small fruits. In vegetables of large size, nitrates are usually higher.
- Wash vegetables thoroughly before use and cut off parts where chemicals accumulate (petioles, stalks, tips, upper leaves). Do not forget to remove the green places — they have a lot of poisonous solanine.
- To reduce nitrates even more, soak vegetables in cold water for 15–20 minutes. Before this procedure, cabbage and root crops must be cut into pieces.
- Boil the vegetables in water, immediately drain the liquid, and then salt the dish. So you will reduce the level of chemicals by 80%. Any heat treatment helps to get rid of nitrates.
- If you’re making a salad with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, sprinkle them with pomegranate juice, lemon juice, or a citric acid solution. To completely protect your body, take ascorbic acid before eating salad.
- In no case do not store fresh vegetables and salads from them in the refrigerator for more than 24 hours. During this time, nitrates can turn into dangerous carcinogens nitrites.
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.