January 17, 2017, 12:39
Aromatherapy is an additional method to the main treatment of various diseases using natural essential oils. That is, the body is affected by aromatic substances of plant origin, which have a wide variety of properties: antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, tonic or soothing. affect the body’s metabolism.
Most aroma oils are available and can be used at home.
- aromatic lamps;
- aromatic baths;
- wraps and compresses;
- in the bath.
Different odors have different effects on a person. For example, bitter and sweet increase efficiency. Harsh and unpleasant speeds up breathing. The so-called jogging (toilet) increase pressure, and pleasant, on the contrary, reduce it. Strong sweet smells (honey, floral) help to concentrate.
There are smells that increase appetite or, conversely, reduce it. They can be used for weight loss or weight gain. But in order for aromatherapy to have a result, smells are used along with physical exercises, a balanced diet.
For weight loss, oils are used that soothe, relax (pink, orange, bergamot, jasmine, lavender, ylang-ylang). Dill, cardamom, rosemary, lemon, ginger, grapefruit, juniper, cypress oils are removed from the body. Reduce appetite aromas of cypress, fennel, lemon.
Properties of aromatic oils
- Lily of the valley oil has a calming effect, is used for migraines, insomnia.
- Lemon has an anti-inflammatory effect, lowers blood pressure, is used for colds, gallstone disease, disruption of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Tea tree oil disinfects, relieves inflammation, stimulates the brain.
- Parsley oil helps with diseases of the kidneys, urinary tract, relieves swelling.
- Peppermint oil relieves pain, reduces skin irritation, and helps with digestive disorders.
- Melissa oil is used for allergies, colds, diarrhea, hypertension, migraines, stress.
- Eucalyptus has an antibacterial effect in angina, promotes concentration, tones, reduces body temperature.
- Fir oil relieves toothache, is used for eye fatigue, with sore throat.
- Jojoba protects the skin from exposure to ultraviolet rays, helps moisturize the skin.
- Cypress oil is an antiseptic. Used for sensitive skin care.
- Lavender oil — antiseptic, eliminates redness of the skin, peeling.
- Grape seed oil rejuvenates tired, flabby skin, used in the care of damaged, oily hair.
- Wheat germ oil — antioxidant, improves metabolism, removes toxic substances.
Orange oil stimulates cardiac activity, activates vitality.
- Grapefruit oil stimulates metabolism, promotes the production of serotonin — the “happiness hormone”.
- Mandarin oil calms the central nervous system. Used for insomnia.
- Peppermint oil relieves inflammation, acts as a pain reliever.
- Rose oil is an excellent antidepressant.
When using aromatic oils for treatment, remember that they can cause allergies, exacerbate asthma.
You can not fanatically use them for a long time. Consider their compatibility with drugs. After applying aroma oils for skin care, you can not sunbathe. In case of kidney disease, aroma oils of pine, juniper, fir, coriander, thyme sandalwood are not recommended. If you feel discomfort when inhaling the fragrance, discard it. It doesn’t suit you.
The 2 Best Cough Remedies: Herbs and Massage
How to relieve a headache without medication (VIDEO)
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.