Women’s magazine Liza — a women’s site for a modern woman Lisa is an online magazine for successful girls. You have questions — we will give answers to all. We can be your handbook for success. Show business news, useful tips, beauty and health secrets — we will make your life brighter!
05 February 2017, 11:55
British scientists conducted large-scale studies and found out that the most useful fruit is an apple. Thus, the well-known English proverb An apple a day keeps the doctor away (Eat an apple a day and you won’t need a doctor) has received scientific confirmation.
What are these juicy fragrant fruits useful for?
- The apple contains vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system, and many antioxidants that protect against cardiovascular disease.
- Eat apples if you want to keep your figure in order, because one apple contains only 70–100 calories. Want a piece of chocolate or candy? It is better to eat an apple — it successfully replaces sweets and satisfies the body’s needs for sugar.
- Apples normalize the level of cholesterol in the blood: they reduce the amount of “bad” cholesterol and at the same time increase the amount of “good”.
- Apples are also useful for the oral cavity. Apple juice prevents cavities and neutralizes harmful bacteria that destroy tooth enamel, while fiber cleans teeth.
- Eating 5 apples a day will reduce the risk of respiratory diseases, including such a terrible disease as asthma.
- The fiber contained in large quantities in this fruit helps digestion: it prevents constipation and disorders. And apple fibers effectively remove harmful substances from the body.
There are so many different varieties of apples that everyone will find a fruit to their liking. In addition, early apple varieties ripen already in June, and late ones can be stored until May itself, so you can have fresh and healthy fruits on your table all year round.
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.