Women’s magazine Liza — a women’s site for a modern woman Lisa is an online magazine for successful girls. You have questions — we will give answers to all. We can be your handbook for success. Show business news, useful tips, beauty and health secrets — we will make your life brighter!
December 26, 2016, 17:57
Long gone are the days when you could only watch the performance of figure skaters on TV. Currently, with the advent of winter, skating rinks are being installed in the squares of large cities, and in many shopping and entertainment centers, ice rinks operate all year round.
Skating is a useful and fun pastime, which can be done by the whole family or a friendly company. But first you need to choose the right skates.
- The main quality of skates is that they should be comfortable. Since in figure skating a strong load goes to the legs, when choosing skates, special attention should be paid to the comfort and convenience of the foot in sports shoes. Skates should be light and fit you in size and fullness. Experts recommend choosing skates half a size larger, and it is better to try them on with a toe.
- When trying on the skates you are about to buy, lace them all the way around your leg. In the toe area, the lacing should be weaker, in the area of \u200b\u200blifting the leg — tighter, and at the top — again weaker. In a fully laced skate, your ankle should bend, albeit with effort.
- It is worth paying attention to the material from which the boots are made. For beginners in figure skating, plastic skates are suitable — they are quite rigid and fix the legs well, preventing the leg from twisting. “Veterans” need to choose leather boots — they are warm and absorbent.
- The blade is also an important factor when choosing skates. Remember, the thicker the blade, the easier and more comfortable it will be for you to ride. In addition, it should not be straight, but should slightly curve in the toe and heel area.
- If you are a beginner skater, do not forget to purchase protection along with skates — special knee and elbow pads.
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.