09 September 2016, 12:55
What you need to know about thrush for every woman, where this candidiasis (thrush) comes from and how to treat this insidious disease, find out further in our material.
What causes thrush?
The disease, widely known among the people under the name “thrush”, is called “vaginal candidiasis” in medical terminology. This disease received such a tough, not very harmonious name thanks to its “parent” — a fungus from the genus Candida. This fungus is very insidious: peacefully living in a woman’s vagina, it may not remind of its existence for many years. Its rapid reproduction is restrained by the natural microflora of the vagina, local and general immunity. But as soon as the healthy balance is shaken, the fungus, taking advantage of the moment, begins to actively multiply. At the same time, the products of his vital activity — curdled mucus is secreted in considerable quantities, causes severe itching and so affects the nerves that women are ready for anything to get rid of the painful symptoms of thrush. But Candida is a strong and cunning enemy. And in order to defeat him, you need to study all his habits.
Where to attack?
As we have already said, Candida fungus can be found in the vagina of every woman. But it acquires an ardent desire for rapid reproduction under the influence of the following factors:
- decline general immunity level under the influence of some other disease. Some women are so “lucky” that even a mild form of acute respiratory infections can cause them to exacerbate thrush.
- Decrease in the level of local, that is, vaginal immunity can also “wake up” the fungus Candida. This can happen due to the appearance of some kind of infection in the vagina after visiting the pool, sauna, beach, etc. without observing the rules of personal hygiene. The protective microflora of the vagina takes up arms against the “newcomer”, and the Candida fungus seizes the moment and blooms in all its unsightly “splendor”. Sometimes a decrease in the level of local immunity occurs with “exactly the opposite” — an increased love for antibacterial soap and its use for hygiene of the external genital organs, douching unnecessarily, self-medication in case of self-suspecting of a vaginal infection in oneself — all this leads to an imbalance in the local microflora and the appearance of thrush .
- Long term antibiotic treatment from some serious disease — an even more significant reason for the activation of the fungus and the appearance of acute itching in the vaginal area.
- Pregnancy, menopause, any other hormonal “storms” in the body can also become an inadvertent cause of the occurrence or recurrence of thrush.
- “Carpet” at the authorities, quarrel with her husband, lack of sleep, emergency work, repairs, mother-in-law’s visit It is impossible to list all the reasons that can cause a serious release of stress hormones. Yes, and it’s not necessary: it’s enough to know that stresses, especially chronic ones, can reach the “holy of holies” and manifest themselves in such a way that even those around it become clear: something is wrong with this woman on the “lower floors”.
In addition to the above, too tight underwear (especially synthetic) or jeans, change of water and climate zone, diet, etc. can become a “trigger” for thrush. And at this point the question arises by itself: is it worth looking for the cause of thrush in a woman, or is it worth focusing on her treatment? The answer is clear: worth it! And you need to do this only with the help of a doctor, preferably observing you for a long period of time. Otherwise, the Candida fungus will visit you with a regularity that public transport in our country can envy. And with his characteristic meanness, he will choose the most inconvenient time for this: a long-awaited vacation, the last couple of days before a long-awaited romantic date, an important business trip.
It is with this thought that hundreds of thousands of women wake up every day, feeling the first symptoms of thrush. And it’s good if the attending doctor is two beeps on the phone and twenty minutes in a taxi. And if not? If the fungus chose a 5‑star Turkish hotel as a place for its attack, where even for “Hello!” take half of the monthly salary from vacationers? Or on a hiking trip, when the nearest rural doctor with two or three medicines in the first-aid kit is twenty kilometers away? In this case, the drug will help “Canesten” from the German company Bayer. But, being prone to thrush and going to places incompatible with the symptoms of thrush, choose Canesten in special packaging: 500 mg No. 1. Saying in the pharmacy the phrase “I, please, Kanesten 500 mg №1» you can be sure that you will be given a drug whose active ingredient will be the original clotrimazole at a dose of 500 mg, and the package will contain an individual applicator for hygienic insertion of the tablet into the vagina. A single injection of the drug at night with a high degree of probability will allow you to feel like a healthy person in the morning. Are you afraid of such a quick and merciless reprisal against the fungus? Are you afraid, getting rid of a harmful pathogen, seriously disrupt the microflora of the vagina? Don’t be afraid: in the composition Canestena contains lactic acid, which effectively helps to restore the natural microflora of the vagina. And millions of women from more than 90 countries of the world were convinced of the effectiveness and safety of treatment Kanesten 500 mg №1. Moreover, they went to their confidence for whole generations for forty years. And it is very good that this drug has found its rightful place in most Ukrainian pharmacies.
Important! Did you breathe a sigh of relief and say goodbye to the milkmaid with a light heart? Do not hurry. The disappearance of symptoms does not cancel a visit to the doctor. Remember: your goal is to find the true culprit of thrush. And eliminate it. It is almost impossible to do this without qualified medical assistance. Do not risk your women’s health — this is a basic part of your overall happiness.
*course of treatment for a tablet of 500 mg – 1 day. It is applied in the evening. Advertisement of medicinal product. Before use, read the instructions and consult a doctor. Keep out of the reach of children. Canesten ® vaginal tablets of 500 mg: manufacturer Bayer, Pharma AG, Germany, r.s. No. UA/3588/03/03 dated March 29, 2013. L.UK.MKT.CC.08.2016.0076
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.