In the summer, many women face such a problem as swelling of the legs. This is due to the fact that the air temperature becomes high and our body begins to work in a special mode. Should I panic in this case?
READ ALSO: 4 reasons to exercise outdoors
Many medical professionals believe that swelling caused by the hot season is a natural and common occurrence.
Edema of the lower extremities, which appeared precisely from high air temperature, does not require the intervention of doctors, and disappears on its own.
But, nevertheless, one should not ignore such a problem as swelling of the legs. Its presence indicates a violation of water-salt metabolism in the body, as well as disorders in blood circulation. There are cases when there is more swelling on one leg than on the other. This is due to problems with the veins on the leg where the edema has a larger volume. This feature of the body requires observation and preventive measures. If the swelling does not go away after the measures taken, such as: massage, therapeutic compresses, long rest, in this case, you should seek help from a specialist. You may need to consult such specialists as a nephrologist, cardiologist, urologist.
Sweating always increases in hot weather., and together with sweat, the salts that the veins need leave the body. After all, it is salts that are able to “pull” blood out of the tissues, and therefore, the lack of a sufficient amount of salts leads to swelling of the legs.
How to avoid edema?
The following steps can be taken as a preventive measure:
- It is advisable at the end of each hot day to lie down for at least 15 minutes with your legs up;
- A contrast shower, which can be taken in the morning and evening, also helps a lot. Contrasting procedures improve blood circulation and harden blood vessels;
- In the heat, you should completely exclude salty, spicy, smoked foods from your diet. It increases thirst and does not allow fluid to be excreted from the body in a timely manner;
- It is necessary to establish a drinking regime; drink at least three liters of water on a hot day; natural juices, fruit drinks, compotes are allowed. Excluded drinks such as lemonade, soda. This will improve the electrolyte balance in your body;
- Pouring feet with cold water helps to get rid of edema, as well as baths with sea salt. They are made every day. To do this, take a spoonful of sea salt per 4 liters of water. The procedure is preferably carried out within 30 minutes.
Posted by: Everything will be fine
What do women think about while running?
How to run in the summer: tips for beginners
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.