March 31, 2016, 11:08 am
Daily gargling increases the body’s resistance to respiratory diseases. For such prevention, plain water is enough. If the throat is inflamed, you will need solutions and decoctions prepared on the basis of medicinal herbs and mineral salts. They enhance the effectiveness of treatment, and recovery occurs much faster.
TOP 5 recipes for gargling a sore throat
1. Decoction of onion peel. It has a strong antispasmodic, choleretic, antimicrobial and vasoconstrictive action. Pour boiling water over the onion peel, leave for several hours, then strain and gargle.
2. Kalanchoe juice. It contains a whole range of useful substances: organic acids, flavonoids, tannins. Thanks to them, Kalanchoe juice is effective in many diseases, including mild sore throat. Pick a leaf of Kalanchoe, wash, chop and squeeze out the juice. Mix in equal proportions with warm water and gargle 5–6 times a day.
3. Infusion of marshmallow root. The mucous substance of this plant has a softening and analgesic effect. One teaspoon of crushed marshmallow root, pour 200 ml of cold water, leave for 8–10 hours, strain and gargle every 2 hours.
4. Infusion of sage officinalis. For the treatment of angina 2–3 tbsp. Spoons of sage pour a liter of boiling water, leave for half an hour, strain and gargle.
5. Propolis. It also has a good healing effect. Dissolve half a teaspoon of an alcohol solution of propolis in half a glass of warm water. Alternate rinsing with the resulting solution with rinsing with warm water with the addition of 1–2 drops of iodine. This scheme helps to prevent the accumulation of pus in the palatine tonsils.
How to protect yourself from angina
TOP 5 throat hardening methods
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.