April 04, 2016, 18:28
Chso that your eyes do not fail you, you need to learn how to take care of them. How can you improve your eyesight at home?
In the modern world, when work is often connected with a computer, and in our free time we read books, magazines and watch TV, it is very difficult to protect our eyesight. Excessive overexertion, as a rule, leads to visual impairment. However, this problem can be countered if you know a few simple rules.
To improve vision, train your eyes
Despite the fact that there is no scientific calculation of the safe time of working at a computer or spending time in front of the TV, ophthalmologists recommend taking a break from the monitor every 2 hours for 15 minutes. The simplest exercise for the eyes comes down to rotating them clockwise and counterclockwise, squeezing the eyelids, or simply closing your eyes for a minute. Such a simple exercise (2–3 times a day) will significantly improve eye nutrition and help improve vision.
Useful Tips for Better Vision
Those who spend at the computer 8 hours a day should be especially attentive to their vision.
- The center of the monitor should be 8–10 cm below eye level. The optimal distance to it is two of its diagonals.
- When working with text, make sure that the letters are not too small. The 14th pin is considered the most comfortable for the eyes.
- Avoid the white background on the splash screen. The eyes get tired quickly from the white dots of the screen, but not from the black dots. Therefore, you need to make the desktop color closer to black, and the background of the windows to gray.
- To soothe your eyes after a busy day, place thin slices of raw potato over closed eyes and leave for 2–3 minutes.
Vision Improvement Products
- Spinach. It can be used both on its own and in light salads and snacks with vegetables, seasoned with olive oil.
- Blueberry. Both raw berries and blueberry jam are good for vision. Pharmaceutical tea made from ripe fruits is also useful.
- Carrot. It is well absorbed both raw and boiled or stewed, with a little butter or sour cream.
- Corn. The product contains about 2 ml of lutein and zeaxanthin, pigments that play an important role in the restoration of the retina.
Allergy: how to protect yourself
Soup diet: how to lose weight in the first courses
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.