23 March 2016, 09:10
The throat is a sore spot for many. So that another sore throat does not make you go to the hospital, urgently take measures to prevent it. In addition to procedures aimed at strengthening general immunity, personal hygiene and measures to combat foci of infection in the body will help protect against the disease.
The main provocateurs of angina are viruses and pathogenic microorganisms. They can live on the nasopharyngeal mucosa and, under favorable conditions (for example, during hypothermia), become more active, causing an inflammatory process. Bacteria and viruses can also enter the body from the outside, for example, through contact with a sick person.
To eliminate the factors that provoke infection or self-infection is the main task in the prevention of angina.
Six tips for preventing sore throats
- Change your toothbrush regularly. It is especially important to throw it away after an illness. If this is not done, then the old toothbrush will turn from a hygiene item into a carrier of bacteria and can infect you again.
- Observe personal hygiene. It sounds trite, but it is very important: use only your towel, dishes, toiletries.
- Avoid the crowd. Angina is very contagious, so during the cold period, when there are massive flu and SARS, try to avoid crowded places of a large number of people.
- Visit a dentist. Very often, a sick tooth acts as a hotbed of infection — it is simply impossible to determine this on your own.Bacteria can move to the tonsils from carious teeth, so a visit to the dentist is one of the most effective preventive methods for tonsillitis.
- Get a preventive checkup. If you often get a sore throat, it is possible that your body has a focus of chronic infection: pyelonephritis, sinusitis, various purulent skin lesions (furunculosis), etc. Helminthiasis can also be a provoking factor. See a doctor and get treated.
- Take a prophylactic course of medication. For more than 80 years has proven its effectiveness in the treatment and prevention of angina German natural drug Tonsilotren. It stimulates the body’s own defense mechanisms in viral and bacterial infections of the pharynx at different stages of inflammation. Tonsilotren relieves inflammation and restores the protective function of the tonsils, reduces their volume. With angina, Tonsilotren helps to cleanse the lacunae of the tonsils from traffic jams, liquid pus, relieves inflammation of the lymph nodes. It is also important that in addition to the treatment of throat diseases, the drug contributes to the normalization of the immunity of the whole organism as a whole and prevents recurrent diseases. Tonsilotren during 2 prophylactic courses significantly reduces the incidence of angina by 1.8 times, the frequency of acute respiratory viral infections by 2.7 times¹. The effectiveness and good tolerability of Tonsilotren have been confirmed by numerous clinical studies.
¹A.L. Kosakovskyi et al. “Chronic tonsillitis. Results of the implementation of the first stage
All-Ukrainian program “Healthy childhood” // Medical newspaper Zdorovya Ukrainy, thematic number “Pediatrics”. – 2014 #3. – P. 34–35 http://health-ua.com/pics/pdf/ZU_2014_Pediatr_3/34–35.pdf
Learn more about the prevention and treatment of angina and other diseases accompanied by sore throat on the website www.tonsilotren.liza.ua!
All tips are presented in an easy, accessible and interesting form of “Health Cards”. You can save them as a keepsake and share with friends on social networks. Share interesting facts with your friends on social networks. Put a hashtag #tonsilotren under the advice you like and participate in the prize draw!
Among those who share postcards on their pages in Facebook and on VKontakte, prizes will be raffled off — charming soft toys Sheep-PILLOW.
Join and win!
Complications after angina: how to avoid?
TOP 5 throat hardening methods
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.