April 07, 2016, 17:43
Aromatic oils are very effective in the treatment of various diseases of the throat (tonsillitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, chronic tonsillitis). They are used for rinsing, lubricating and inhaling.
Aromatherapy is an excellent natural method of supporting and stimulating the body’s natural defenses. In this article, we will try to find out which aroma oils are effective for throat diseases, and also learn how to use them correctly.
Angina is an infectious disease, therefore, oils are needed for treatment, which have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, decongestant, analgesic and antispasmodic effects. Among these are essential oils of lemon, rose, geranium, clary sage, eucalyptus, fir, tea tree, thyme, ginger.
How to apply correctly?
The most effective for the treatment of tonsillitis and chronic tonsillitis are inhalations, lubrication of the tonsils (for this it is necessary to apply four to five drops of one of the above oils or a mixture of them on a cotton swab), a compress on the area of the tonsils, rinsing. You can also bury the oil in the nose (one or two drops) or take it inside. However, it is imperative to test for an allergic reaction first.
- Add two drops of fir and one drop of lemon essential oils to a glass of warm water. Gargle with the resulting solution four to five times a day.
- For a quarter liter of warm water, add two drops of thyme and one drop of lemon, rinse in the morning and evening.
- In a glass of warm water, dissolve six drops of tea tree either.
- Mix three drops of thyme and three drops of ginger, dilute in one liter of hot water. Breathe in the steam two or three times a day.
- Dissolve six tablespoons of salt in a liter of warm water, bring the salty water to a boil and add eight drops of peppermint oil. Breathe over the steam for 10–15 minutes.
- Dissolve one tablespoon of soda in one liter of water, bring to a boil, add two drops of iodine and six drops of sage oil. The duration of such inhalation is 10 minutes.
Why do city dwellers get angina more often?
Antibiotics for angina: is it necessary to take
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.