March 28, 2016, 2:29 p.m
Yoga has a positive effect on the whole body. Anyone who regularly devotes at least a few hours a week to the practice will confirm this. Yoga asanas effectively help get rid of various health problems, including chronic tonsillitis.
If you often get colds and easily catch a sore throat, try to perform at least a few exercises daily aimed at strengthening the throat and the immune system of the body as a whole. They are effective for both prevention and treatment of angina. The only caveat is that yoga should be practiced during the recovery period, when the main symptoms are no longer too disturbing.
Simhasana or lion pose
When performing this asana, blood circulation in the neck and larynx improves, the tongue and tonsils are massaged.
- Sit on your heels. The toes are turned back. Put your hands on your knees.
- Shift your body weight to your hips and knees.
- Drop your chin down and touch your neck. Shoulders should be down.
- Take a deep breath.
- Straighten your arms and place them on your knees. Tighten your outstretched fingers as much as possible.
- Open your mouth wide, stick out your tongue as far as possible, trying to reach your chin with its tip, open your eyes as wide as possible.
- Look between the eyebrows or at the tip of the nose. Stay in the pose for about 30 seconds, breathing through your mouth.
- Remove your tongue, close your mouth, relieve tension from your eyes, remove your hands from your knees and straighten your legs. Take a calm slow breath through your nose.
- Perform the exercise 3–5 times in a row.
It is best to perform the lion pose at the first signs of illness (sore throat, dryness, burning sensation). If it was not possible to stop the development of the disease, then in order to restore health and prevent recurrent diseases, it is recommended to do the asana more often, up to 10 times a day.
Remember that yoga is not a panacea. For a full recovery, follow the doctor’s recommendations and take all prescribed medications.
Learn more about the prevention and treatment of tonsillitis and other diseases accompanied by sore throat at www.tonsilotren.liza.ua!
All tips are presented in an easy, accessible and interesting form of “Health Cards”. You can save them as a keepsake and share with friends on social networks. Share interesting facts with your friends on social networks. Use the hashtag #tonsilotren under the advice you like and participate in the prize draw!
Among those who share postcard cards on their Facebook and VKontakte pages, prizes will be drawn — charming soft toys Pillow Sheep.
Join and win!
The opinion of the editors may not coincide with the opinion of the author of the article.